To make this you will need:
1/2 katori of pre-soaked sabudana ( preferably overnight)
2 katoris of coarsely grated potato
1/2 katori of roasted peanut powder
1/2 tspn zeera
salt and a pinch of sugar to taste
finely chopped chilli and coriander
1 katori is approximately a 200ml cup measure.
What to do:
1. Mix together all the ingredients until well combined.
2. Heat up a non-stick tava and pat out the potato mix onto a plastic sheet into a thin pancake.
3. Gently transfer the flattened potato thalipeet onto the tava.
4. Drizzle with pure ghee, lower the flame and cover with a lid.
5. Allow to cook for 5 minutes on each side till lightly browned
6. Eat with fresh dahi.
p.s. My mother later told me that Mrs. Dindi Organiser was particularly nasty because she held a grudge against her. My mother, it seems, was the reason why my father turned down her offered in marriage!