Writing by hand #FridayReflections

After a long time, I was excited by the Friday prompt. It brought back memories of my school days when we only wrote by hand . And we only wrote by pen.

We actually filled book after book of Marion Richardson’s ย writing patterns so that we got the perfect letters while writing Cursive.

Believe it or not, my handwriting used to look like this

Today, I’ve actually written after a long, long time and this is how my handwriting looks now :

Well, I can see my old teachers cringe at this shabby piece of handwriting.

I definitely won’t win the Handwriting Prize for this one, will I? What did you think of this example of my handwriting?

Have you also stopped writing by hand? Do you ย use an ink pen with a nib? I’d love to hear from you in the comments.

I am linking this post to Corinne and Sanch’s #FridayReflections.ย

Proud Mumbai gal who always sees the humour in life. The mum who made banana fritters when all the other mums made cupcakes.

14 Comments

1. Dashy
    May 11, 2017

Ahh it’s been a while since I wrote by hand too. The diary used to keep me in touch with pen and paper, but then I found myself an online space for that too, and since typing is so much more convenient I don’t look back at the pen…unless the laptop’s charge runs out that is :p . But the feel is different altogether to write by hand, don’t you think? ๐Ÿ™‚
    Dashy recently posted…From Fresher to SophomoreMy Profile

1. Bellybytes
      May 12, 2017

Glad to see you back Dashy! Of course it’s different writing by hand . You actually enjoy watching the words flow out of your pen.

2. Sheethal
    May 11, 2017

Your handwriting is definitely nice. How much we used to write long back and now, we barely use a pen.
    Sheethal recently posted…Kindness – A boomerang Effect.My Profile

1. Bellybytes
      May 12, 2017

Sigh. That’s true. Apart from signing papers we hardly ever use a pen!

3. Dahlia
    May 12, 2017

Wow! Your handwriting is terrific – mine is terrible ๐Ÿ˜€ I think I would have never started writing if we still had to write by hand ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Bellybytes
      May 12, 2017

Perhaps…. typing especially cut and paste makes writing that much easier

4. The only thing I have handwritten in a long time is either shopping lists, sympathy cards, and notes for classes I have taken. My handwriting has never been good. Your current example is better – your first example from years ago is wonderful! Cursive isn’t even taught in many United States schools anymore – something I deeply oppose.
    The Unknown Journey Ahead recently posted…The Great Adventure #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

1. Bellybytes
      May 14, 2017

It’s a shame isn’t it ? I wonder if they teach cursive at all in school these days … I’m going to teach my grandchildren for sure

5. Shivi
    May 14, 2017

Wow.. your handwriting is definitely nice.. Its been while since I write in paper.. I really want to write now after reading yours.. .
    Shivi recently posted…Toddler Activities : Day IMy Profile

1. Bellybytes
      May 14, 2017

Do it . Believe me it’s good for the soul. We get so used to typing that your fingers start cramping after two lines or so….

6. Thanks for sharing your handwriting! The first piece looks like calligraphy. I like your current handwriting too. I still write a fair bit and I do have a fountain pen which I use occasionally. I prefer gel/roller ball pens because they are smooth and so easy to write. Thanks for joining in!
    Sanchie @ Living my Imperfect Life recently posted…A letter to my future self #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

1. Bellybytes
      May 15, 2017

It was a prompt too tempting to pass up!

7. Vinitha
    May 19, 2017

I can imagine how well that handwriting of yours must have been in those running letters when you were writing using pen frequently. It is good now too even with less pen usage, Sunita. I love writing with my pen. I do that daily even now. Actually this prompt really tempted me to write and post but I couldn’t finish up the post. I will join next week with my handwriting for Friday reflections as I saw that we can use a prompt from earlier. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Vinitha recently posted…Hurry #FiveSentenceFiction 10My Profile