Today I’ve reached a number I never imagined I’d ever reach .
And to think that a few months ago I was actually thinking of giving up my blog .
It’s been quite a see-saw of some highs and mostly lows.
But on this Monday afternoon I’d like to share some of my highs:
- I think the highlight of this journey has been my trip to Malaysia. This was truly a wonderful experience that allowed me to shop till I dropped as the Malaysian Tourism Board had tied up this visit with YES. I got to see Melaka, Kuala Lumpur, Johore Bahru, places I’d only heard about . I met some wonderful people and stayed in fabulous hotels.
- All this really began with my association with Blogadda. For years I just plodded on in isolation, hoping against hope that someone would read my blog. Then I stumbled upon Blogadda and joined up with a blogging community. I regularly participated in their contests and weekend prompts.
- Another bonus with Blogadda was my chance meeting with Corinne at Blogadda’s workshop with celebrated chef Michael Swamy. It was here that I met a real live blogger with whom I actually connected.
- And then I joined WriteTribe and got even more connected with wonderful bloggers, one of whom I met last week on my way back from Pune. There are lots more wonderful virtual friends , all of whom I would like to meet …..and if the Universe is listening, I’m sure I one day will.
- SkywatchFriday is another blogger’s group I thoroughly enjoy being part of and one of my first posts ever was chosen as the anchor post ! That was amazing considering I’m a rank amateur.
These are all the highs I can remember. I’m sure there must be more but the thrill I’m experiencing today of reaching 600 is something I can’t explain.
After all those years of blogging for no one to blogging for one. Struggling with platforms, themes, content, traffic. Learning new skills like social media. All this is finally bearing fruit.
Or at least I’d like to think so.
What has been the high point of your blogging career dear reader? Do share in the comments below.
I’m linking up with Corinne’s #MondayMusings.