Today I’ve reached rock bottom
Mistakes to avoid while blogging
1. It seems I’ve been blogging on an outmoded platform
2. I have too many blogs – three on Blogger and three on WordPress
3. At various times I’ve deleted the blogs and added the blogs thus making my readers wonder whether or not I want to be found or not.
4. This confusion persists in my profile – somedays it’s pubic and somedays it’s not.
The solution is to come clean – while I love my pseudonym Bellybytes, the time has come for me to reveal my real name. I may still sign off as Bellybytes but I have to let the world see who I really am. This makes for authenticity.
I then have to decide which platform I want to blog on WordPress or Blogger.
I have to also decide how many blogs I want to keep active or how I can amalgamate them in one blog.
So that will be my task for the month of April.
I only hope I don’t become April’s Fool!
Tips for new bloggers
As for all those who want to avoid making these mistakes, remember :
1) Focus on which platform you’d like to Blog on – Blogger or WordPress
2) Decide which subject you are going to blog on – that way you have a target audience
3) Blog under your own name or at least make it visible to those who want to put a face to your writing
4) Tag your posts effectively – they are easier to identify by search engines
5) Establish your presence on social media like FB, Twitter and publicize your entries on those platforms
6) Don’t be afraid of making mistakes – they can always be corrected!