Life without the Internet would be dull and boring # WOW
When I get up in the morning I look at my phone for any messages that may have come in the night ( I have friends and family in different time zones if not physically, at least mentally)
I also look at my phone the last thing at night.
In fact, before the Internet, I never looked at my phone – I didn’t even have a mobile phone. Today, thanks to the Internet and even smarter phone, I am ashamed to say that I spend a lot more time with my phone.
Thanks to the Internet, I could help conduct a business overseas and currently manage my content writing, editing and other jobs that I do without so much as moving out of my house.
My children are convinced that the Internet is my first true love because when the net is down my life is blue.
So perhaps they are not wrong.
When I first got my computer way back when the only computers available were the 486 desktops with a hard disk tower that needed a separate trolley and a monitor that was a mini-TV, I wanted a computer only to type my big, fat, Indian, novel.
Since then, I discovered the joys of the Internet which I use for
- communicating- sending messages via What’sApp, SMS and Mail
- booking holidays, and tickets for movies and the train
- venting – on Social Media via Twitter, Instagram and WordPress
- storing my personal information
- creating graphics, pictures etc with all the free software available
- shopping for groceries, books, pampers and more
So without the internet my life would be dull and boring. Life without the internet would be unimaginable. I don’t even want to think about it!