• Uncategorised
  • 23

The perfect tea cup for the best cup of tea ever#a to z challenge

We have a lot to thank the Chinese for – noodles, chilli chicken and of course the cup that cheers – tea. Indeed if it weren’t for Shennong, we’d all be drinking just hot water. This beverage has become so popular that it has even spawned a new meal  –  Tea Time with its  teapots, tea cups ,tea cozies and  tea trays. I personally believe that things taste better when served better  which is why I am very particular about drinking  tea in my Chinese tea cup.

What’s so special about my Chinese tea cup?

For starters, it is a fine example of Blue & White bone china. It is beautifully  decorated with  peonies. It consists of 4 parts :

• the outer cup
  • the saucer
  • the lid
  • the inner strainer

To make a perfect cup of tea, rinse the cup with hot water. Add tea leaves in the strainer which is placed inside the cup. Pour hot water over the tea leaves and cover with the lid. Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes and then lift the inner strainer with the tea leaves and keep aside on the saucer. Now sip the golden yellow liquid.  You can use the same tea leaves for the second or third cup of tea.

Flowers play a significant role in Chinese decorative art. Peonies which are very common, symbolise Summer and act as lucky charm keeping people safe and sound, ensuring them  money, status and happiness.

Is it any wonder then that my tea tastes better from my Chinese tea cup?

Perhaps this video tutorial will help you have a relaxed weekend!

Cheers!

T is for Tea cup in my theme  “Things around my house’ in the  7th  A to Z Challenge  .

Do visit tImage for The A to Z Challenge posts on Facebook.

1. Kalpanaa says:

That’s a gorgeous teacup if ever there was one. Thanks for sharing.

2. Parul says:

I love blue and white. Your crockery looks very classy 🙂
    Parul recently posted…T for True Samaritan #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

3. seena says:

Nothing is as beautiful as blue pottery tea cups.. Makes drinking tea all the more charming..
    Love it
    Seena
    #AtoZChallenge – T is for Teething troubles

4. Kala Ravi says:

That was so charming and beautifully put together Sunita! You do have an eclectic collection of things around our home! The video was simply lovely. Lovely post, reminding me of the finer aspects of living!
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave
    Kala Ravi recently posted…Tiles, Stone, Wood and more Flooring OptionsMy Profile

5. Bob Scotney says:

Seeing this it seems sacrilege to use a tea bag in a mug as we tend to do.

6. Archana says:

Beautiful cups! I guess serving food in appropriate ‘vessels’ makes a difference to the appeal! Tea included!!
    @yenforblue from
    Spice of Life!
    Archana recently posted…T is for Toothbrush OrchidMy Profile

7. Sunila Vig says:

Beautiful cup. I have a little chinese set too for my green teas and it tastes better in it, same as my chai tastes different in a cup vs a ‘kaanch ka glass’ vs a terracotta kulharr 😀

8. Geets says:

These Chinese cup set look so cute!
    I wanna have coffee in them 😛

Cheers
    Geets recently posted…T- ThankfulMy Profile

9. Shilpa Garg says:

Wow! I’d love to have tea in your Chinese tea cups!! 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…Touch #AtoZChallenge @AprilA2ZMy Profile

10. Erica says:

This post reminds me of my late husband, Ian. He was such a tea lover and had such appreciation for the fine art of everything that surrounds tea. I still have his collection of special tea cups and tea pots, they meant so much to him. We would have appreciated the beauty of your tea cup. Thank you refreshing some of these beautiful memories of him back into my heart.

11. rajlakshmi says:

your bone china looks so pretty. I have seen these cup with tea stainers in few Japanese shops here. I am planning to get a set since I love drinking green tea.

A Whimsical Medley
    Twinkle Eyed Traveller
    rajlakshmi recently posted…[Yoga] Utthita Parsvakonasana #atozchallengeMy Profile

12. shubhangi says:

That’s interesting! I didn’t know tea tastes better when you drink it in the perfect cup!