My first ever blogger award#Liebster Award
OMG! OMG! OMG ! My first ever blogger award!
Much like the winners of the Beauty Pageants, I can’t help putting my hands to my face and exclaiming in wonder : today I won my first ever blogger award. Sometime ago I read a blog post about how awards given by other bloggers are purely gimmicky and very often the recipients refuse to accept them! I often wondered if it was the truth or mere envy speaking, after all we know enough about sour grapes. Well, today I am pleased to accept the Liebster Award which was given to me by Seena via her blog craftmontage.blogspot.in.
So what is the Liebster Award?
I tried to find out who started this practice and what exactly it was all about but didn’t find anything on the net. But I’m going to be gracious and accept it. So thanks Seena for this fun way of telling other bloggers that my blog is worth a visit.
The rules of this award are very simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5–11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, that have less than 1,000 followers.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
Well, I’ve already thanked Seena for nominating me
I’ve displayed the award on my blog by including it in my post
Now I need to answer the 11 questioned posed to me by Seena
- Sunny days or the Rains?
Being a sunny person I prefer sunny days. You can always go out with a sun hat or umbrella and dress in shorts and sandals if it is too hot.
2. Morning person or a night owl?
This one’s easy as I always get up before the crack of dawn like some pre-programmed early bird.
- Do you have a morning routine?
Yes indeedy! Don’t we all? The first thing I do when I get up is check the time. If it’s too early, I go back to sleep a bit but then when I get up, I grab my medications so that I don’t forget to take them. Then I do some stretches before going to the bathroom. Then of course it is getting dressed to seize the day.
- Are you a planner? How far ahead do you plan?
I am basically a planner but most of my plans don’t pan out simply because I always accommodate others’ plans in my plans. I don’t plan too much in advance – normally a week or at best a month.
- Do you experience envy? How do you deal with it?
Of course I experience envy – I’m only human. I generally deal with it by consoling myself that I will have my day in the sun one day.
- Can you do without dessert?
Yes I can ( when I’m in being a saint mode)
7. Something you absolutely need on your pizza?
- Something you are afraid of?
I’m afraid of the dark
- How handicapped do you feel without your phone?
NOT AT ALL having grown up without a phone till I was 20 and living in an analogue age without cell phones.
- If you could, would you be an employee or an entrepreneur?
I’d rather be an entrepreneur. It’s more hard work, more risky but eventually you are your own boss.
- Do you enjoy audio books?
Give me a printed book any day. I love smelling the ink on the pages and flipping them through.
Now the 11 random facts about myself
- I love having a sweet, frothy , milky, coffee
- I can’t live without perfume (preferably French)
- I love train journeys.
- I hate reading a newspaper that isn’t folded properly.
- I don’t like people asking me questions when I am getting ready or in the middle of something
- I love watching movies, listening to the radio while driving.
- I learnt French in college but only spoke the language in a real situation in the Netherlands and in Washington DC!
- I always keep my phone on silent
- I can easily touch my toes, love doing the shoulder stand, walk 7 km at a time yet I’m 20 kg overweight!
- I love reading the dictionary, the labels on packaged goods and knowing the meaning of words.
- If I could have, I’d have been a spy or a forensic expert.
Now who do I nominate for this award?
This one’s a real toughie because most bloggers I follow have at least a 1000 followers. I also follow many bloggers whose posts I enjoy, whose stories are inspiring so I’m really on the horns of a dilemma. But I have to choose, so I’m going to nominate …………..
FABULOUS AND THE BLUE LIFE
I’m not sure how many followers these wonderful bloggers actually have ( and I’m quite sure they’re more than 1000) but I thoroughly enjoy following them and feel their blogs have to be shared.
And now for the last part of the ceremony which is ask 11 questions to each of the nominees.
- What would you choose between a relaxed holiday on the beach or an arduous trek through the mountains?
- Do you like ice cream in a cup or cone?
- Would you rather spend 3 hours talking to a friend on a phone or 3 hours travelling to meet the same person for just an hour?
- Do you like chick flicks?
- Do you dress for comfort or style?
- Are you a bathroom singer?
- Would you go bungee jumping?
- Which household chore do you love?
- How do you deal with the grumblers in your life, assuming you do have them?
- What was the wackiest compliment you’ve received?
- When was the last time you visited a dentist?
That was a pretty fun exercise and I do hope my nominees accept their nominations and keep the chain going.
Have a great week!