But I like springtime Best #FridayReflections

There’s a reason to love every season but I like springtime best.

Quite simply because my  birthday is in the middle of February.

So all month long I feel special and have a sheepish grin  playing in my head.

And come the day, I love the greetings that come my way, by phone or post or any which way.

I love my moment in the sun when I feel cherished and appreciated by everyone.

In winter I can wear warm clothes, my cardigans and woollen stoles,  but I love springtime best.

It’s not  yet time for sandal time with open toes and sand beneath your feet. Nor can I wear my calf length pants and wade through muddy puddles.

Mbut springtime I can still wear silk and drape a chiffon scarf or wear a Kanjeevaram sari still because it still is Spring!

I love the slightly warmer days where you can still enjoy a cup of hot steaming tea or sips of soup with buttered toast.

The air is clear and crisp and clean with trees sprouting fresh tips of green or purple pink to slowly grow

Into a shady canopy for summer time that’s not too far away.

Spring time with its clearer skies and chirping birds and trees breaking out into fresh foliage – pink tips and leafy green to provide a shady canopy in summertime that’s not too far away.

My flower beds a riot of colour as petunias flower in the Spring as do the Phlox , Delphiniums  and Ladies Lace

The markets filled with  strawberries, grapes and honey dew melon – dripping with the sweetness of Spring.

I like Spring time best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m linking this with #FridayReflections hosted by Sanch and WriteTribe

1. Dashy says:

Spring is indeed a lovely season with a moderate weather that suits anybody. How very lucky you are to have your birthday at that time! 😀
    Dashy recently posted…I Too Have A Blog StoryMy Profile

2. Truly Happy says:

warm pleasant days, clear skies, chirping birds, colourful flowers, market filled with range of fruits…..spot on!….I love spring too.

Have you relocated or still enjoying the English summer? We saw the Queens birthday parade on TV and wished we could have seen it live

• Truly Happy says:

Relocating next month. English summer! It lasted only a week… Has been raining since so many days now:-(.
      There was lot of excitement about queen’s 90 th. I saw the parade on TV too and I was inevitably thinking of the book Bambi was talking about few days ago. Do you remember reading that post I wrote about queen ? 😀

Yes that was another delightful post . You must be really busy with things now – what to keep and what to throw( another post you wrote! ) meeting up with friends before you go…… The queens birthday parade was a bit anachronistic in this day and age but far better than last year’s sad flotilla which was a mere shadow of her Naval might

3. pins & ashes says:

Aquarian ? I was moving through the lyric and the rhyme, with a song in mind through your spring.. 🙂
    pins & ashes recently posted…Walk me Through your City ..My Profile

4. Bhavya says:

We have only two kinds of weather in Kerala.. Either it rains or it doesn’t 😀 monsoon is my favorite season, glad to know yours is spring.

Actually we also have hot, hotter and hottest but according to our panchang we have Vasant Panchami which is the fifth day of Spring closer to my birthday

5. Yeah me too love spring for that’s the most beautiful season among all

6. Nicely done! I do like spring for the warmth and the beauty of nature but sadly, it affects my hayfever pretty badly! Thanks for linking up
    Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life recently posted…On freaking outMy Profile