Dry skies dry up hopes in a Mumbai sky #SkywatchFriday

Saturday’s overcast sky and light rain showers had Mumbaikars Tweeting  and Instagraming as the first few drops of rain finally made their appearance.

Saturday’s sky promised relief from the oppressive heat

Even the ugliest bridge in Mumbai looked ‘pretty’ in the rain

So out came the umbrellas and rain gear with Wow Dinga wearing a new pair of gum boots . Alas! This turned out to be what is crudely translated from the local idiom as ‘ a cat’s piss  of a shower’ as the clouds went away and the skies turned blue once more.

Image for cloudy skyFor a moment the setting sun looked like the rising moon with the clouds hiding it to just a sliver

The sun bade us goodbye as the clouds covered it up.

With the sun shining brightly again, perhaps I’ll bring back my parasol and go for a swim to cool off.

Happy weekend Rain Gods! I hope you listen to our prayers.

Linking this post to #SkywatchFriday

The Rain Gods seem to be sending out teasers only. All I want is it should pour like crazy like it used to always. Come on Mumbai!

2. A heavy shower is awaited everywhere. Even here in Noida and NCR we have similar short sprinklings. The teasers of rains are so torturing…no?
    Bushra Muzaffar recently posted…Noida Goes to Entertainment City for Fun, Shopping and MoreMy Profile

3. Andrea says:

Great i love your shots and your words too. I will get that phrase “oppressive heat”as it fully describe our condition. Thanks for visiting my post too.

4. Parul says:

Good shots. Rain makes everything look so gorgeous 🙂
    Parul recently posted…An Open GymMy Profile

It really does – the trees look cleaner , the roads darker and the air has a clear look that gives sharper pictures

5. Truly Happy says:

Lovely pics. Lovely views from your place (living room/balcony). I could sit there all day soaking in the beauty of this view and forget all my worries.

6. Send some rains and a bit of ‘samundar’ here in Delhi too 🙂 Well captured moments!!!
    Manish Purohit recently posted…Diwan-e-Ghalib (1) ~ Naqsh Faryadi. . .My Profile

7. pins & ashes says:

I hope all of us wake up to showers tomorrow.. ! teasers or not, come soon… waiting, if you can hear me/us
    pins & ashes recently posted…What did you have for Breakfast this morning?My Profile

8. Alana says:

Yours is the second Skywatch blog post I’ve read so I will leave the same comment – what a wonderful idea. Last night I watched our sunset here in upstate New York. We are entering a (for us) heat wave. Perhaps I will participate now and then.
    Alana recently posted…Palindrome DayMy Profile

You should . There are some lovely photographs of flowers against the sky as a backdrop. And using the same backdrop you can showcase holiday photos as well! Look forward to your photos on Skywatch

9. RT says:

Nice post penny!

10. Photo Cache says:

I want to hear the sound of rain on the roof once again. I miss it.

Worth a Thousand Words
    Photo Cache recently posted…Lisbon’s Icon: Belem TowerMy Profile

Well I live in a building so I won’t hear rain on the roof but I will definitely hear it when I’m stuck in traffic because of the rain!

11. Esha M Dutta says:

Can imagine the oppressive heat as we had a bout of similar weather this time here as well a month and a half back…The showers are badly needed…the trees and the soil look so parched when they don’t get any rain…Where are the famous mumbai rains gone? We’re kind of happy with ours and don’t really mind sharing some with Mumbaikars too!!! 🙂

Please please please do share your rain showers with us. Actually Mumbai has been having monsoons play truant before. And then suddenly it rains and rains and rains and the lakes fill up once again – all the season’s rain in just a month or so. Sometimes it’s not a bad thing to have a consolidated rainy season rather than a long drawn out miserable grey three months

12. Amazing shots of Mumbai in all its forms and emotions. I miss the Mumbai shower and don’t worry the city will soak in the blessing from the sky:)

I hope it really rains and pours. Everyday the papers say it’s going to rain tomorrow. And it doesn’t