The Mall of Dubai -Shoppers’ Paradise

A Shoppers’ Paradise

Shopaholics like Becky Bloomwood will loveThe Mall of Dubai . While Becky is imaginary, the mall is not, and is a living testament to how a desert can become  home to luxury brands and luxurious living. I must confess that I’m not a great shopper – my motto is ” a fool and his money are soon parted”. But I am not fool. However since no visit to Dubai is complete without a trip to the Mall of Dubai I just had to go. And, I would gladly  recommend it to any visitor to the area. Apart from its  sheer size and magnitude , the air conditioning is top class and it is a great place to hang out in to avoid the blistering heat.

When I visited Dubai last year, I was literally gob smacked. The large aquarium in the centre of the Mall is situated bang opposite a candy store. I was torn between the two. Which one should I visit? Since I didn’t have much time, I visited the candy shop instead but would advise everyone to visit the aquarium instead. ( Yes, another Ivy Moment).

Ever since I returned, I’ve been meaning to showcase the photographs but with one thing leading to another, they just remained in my folders. Finally, I discovered MetaSlider, a nifty plugin for WordPress and I’m trying to use it. Some of the photographs aren’t aligned properly and I am trying to figure out how to use them. However, I assure you,  that when you do visit the Mall, you definitely won’t find it upside down!

[metaslider id=8223]

1. Dashy says:

Loved your motto hehe! 😀 The photoes are very tempting, and I’ve made a note to visit the mall if ever I visit Dubai! 🙂
    Dashy recently posted…I Am Enough – #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

2. Truly Happy says:

Haven’t visited dubai yet. Once we are in India, we plan to visit dubai.
    Your pics make me want to visit dubai today.
    Nice pics.

3. BRYAN says:

Hahaha i smiled at your last words, that the malls are not upside down in Dubai. I’ve been there once to visit a friend, and yes the malls are so big, but we just go there to look and experience. One of my 3 days was for the Desert Safari that i fully enjoy, until we experienced the dinner there and the belly dancing. It was truly an exotic experience.
    BRYAN recently posted…Sunsets Approaching Rainy SeasonMy Profile

That’s one experience I wouldn’t dare attempt – the desert Safari but I might just go for the dinner and belly dancing..

4. Alok Singhal says:

Hope to visit Dubai, the mall, the candy shop, and even the aquarium…soon 🙂

5. Meg says:

Hi! I wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your blog, and I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can read my entry for details on how it works ~~ https://particlewoman.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/liebster-award/

Hi Meg, well they say it never rains but pours. Literally my city is being pounded by much needed rains. After being unappreciated for years I suddenly receive two Liebster awards in two months! Thank you so much for the nomination but I regret my inability to accept it simply because it is so soon since I first got it . I do hope you understand and nominate someone else to keep the award rolling . Thanks once again for the honour !

6. Truly Happy says:

Dear BellyBytes,

How are you doing? Have you been very busy or are you on a short break? Its been a while since you posted. hence dropping by to say Hello and find out if you are fine.

Cheers
    Truly Happy

Hi Truly Happy, am glad to know I was missed! I’ve been really caught up with work and more importantly my Desk top is down and the wifi is really slow. I also think I’ve gobbled up my data so my internet speed is very slow. So working on the mobile is super frustrating . I’ll also be going on a short break early next week but hope to get back to regular blogging soon…. Sometimes life just takes over

• Truly Happy says:

Hi Bellybytes, I am so glad to see you are back. Sorry to hear about your pc.

You are going on a break? 🙁 will miss you again but have a lovely lovely time. Come back rejuvenated.

Will look forward to reading your posts when you come back from vacations.

Have a good break.

Cheers
        Truly Happy

I hope my PC gets a well deserved break too! I’m going to my mum’s and look forward to that. If nothing else she makes me feel 5 years old all over again and I can get away with having a tantrum!

7. I loved this post! Someone said your blogs fairly often and you’re always coming out with great stuff. I shared this on my facebook and my followers loved it