Samsung’s Virtual Reality

You are warned. This is a major rant.

My reality

This graphic is designed using snappa’s online software

I live in a modern world and modern household with modern appliances to make my life easier. I am a gadget freak and love updating my life with technology so in my reality I have a lot of gadgets like geysers to give me hot water, a toaster for my breakfast, a hot water kettle for my coffee, a washing machine for my clothes, a dishwasher for the dishes …….you get the drift don’t you?

I also have four televisions , four air conditioners and  one refrigerator all manufactured by SAMSUNG from a reputed dealer called CROMA ( that is another story!)

The virtual world of SAMSUNG

It all began with my SAMSUNG refrigerator that is hardly over two years’ old. We suddenly found that it wasn’t cooling properly and called up the Samsung service centre. I also made an online service complaint.

[stextbox id=”custom” defcaption=”true” cbgcolor=”FFF5CF”]Incidentally, when you log on to the Samsung website, the first product that pops up is the telephone. Does this mean that Samsung telephones have the most complaints/customers? [/stextbox]

It pains me to tell you that it took several phone calls to the call centre ( which means a recurrent litany of the customer identification and complaint) before the complaint was attended to. And that too after I complained publicly  on Samsung’s FB page.

The real agony of Samsung’s reality

It was only when the television set started playing up did I really face Samsung’s virtual world. As usual I had an IVR option and after pressing all the buttons, got a Customer Sales Executive who wasn’t busy. I narrated my tale of woe and was told that my complaint would be looked into within the next 24 hours. Days passed before I again complained online.

A real man actually called up and I explained the problem yet again. This time the man told me that the nearest service agent was at Koparhhairane (which is within the 25 km radius from where I live) and that I should take my appliance there.

Anyone who lives in Bombay will tell you that this is a near impossible task unless of course you are living in Koparkhairane.

[stextbox id=”custom” defcaption=”true” cbgcolor=”DBFFB8″]All I really wanted was a new remote and a technician to visit my place and fix the snowy screen[/stextbox]

As part of my daily routine now, I make a complaint to Samsung every day only to be assured that the Engineer will call me up and the complaint will be sorted out within the next 24 hours. Needless to say, the 24 hours have extended to a week now.

I wonder when Samsung’s virtual world will match my reality.

1. Ami says:

I have a similar rant about Airtel. They talk of transparency and that u know where the towers are ….but the signals? Where are they? ARGH!

2. Alana says:

Perhaps an old fashioned letter to the president of the company may be in order. I wouldn’t write it to customer service, either, but to the president. Be calm, state the facts and exactly what outcome you want. Can’t hurt to try this. Good luck.
    Alana recently posted…Throwback Thursday – It Wasn’t Supposed to End Like ThisMy Profile

3. Geets says:

Calling customer care again and again is one pain. It sometimes becomes infuriating. It happened with me for my internet connection! When they don’t revert back, I lose my cool somehow!
    Glad to know you’re taking it so sportingly!

Cheers
    Geets recently posted…Ten to One: Know me MoreMy Profile

I’m not. I spend 5 minutes every day screaming at these guys and frankly I am ashamed of myself for doing so.

4. Dashy says:

I’ve lost count of the number of times dad shouted through the phone because of delayed responses to complaints. In the end all we can do is change the product. This complaint should go public in order to force them to fix the issue, they’ve got to keep up their reputation so they’re obliged to respond. All phones in our home used to be Samsung’s once, by now we’ve changed it all.
    Dashy recently posted…A to Z of me #WritingWednesdaysMy Profile

5. Shantala says:

Ughh…that is so annoying. Customer service is a concept that many companies in India have yet to fully grasp. Someday they will attempt to provide it too. Hopefully.
    Shantala recently posted…What is the impact of a movie like Sairat?My Profile

I’m waiting for that day! I doubt it will ever come knowing our penchant for ” so what? “

6. Maliny Mohan says:

Thankfully, I have never had such an experience from any of my gadgets as of now. But I believe, it is a matter of time.
    I have seen hurt customers post complaints about the inadequate service on the company’s facebook page, specifically mentioning the name of the centre which is at fault and other details. The problem lies in the fact that Samsung is a huge chain and because of that they might not really take it’s individual customers seriously. But atleast, you can try that.
    Maliny Mohan recently posted…Between Right And Wrong – FictionMy Profile

Well finally today part of my problem is over. The tv is working . Apparently there was nothing wrong with it – the problem was the remote . Now I hope the promised remote comes tomorrow!

7. Debbie D. says:

Modern appliances are great when they work but become nightmares when they don’t! Dealing with service people over the phone does try one’s patience. I hope you get your repairs done, soon
    Debbie D. recently posted…HAPPENINGS AND HOLIDAYSMy Profile

8. Tina Basu says:

My house might look sponsored by Samsung – TV, Washing Machine, AC, Microwave, Fridge. I however, haven’t faced much problem with the CS of Samsung. Other than the horrible phone i had earlier I am in peace with these electronic stuffs.
    Tina Basu recently posted…Maid Made Me Mad #MondayMusingMy Profile

Lucky you! I finally got my tv seen to after complaining bitterly on Samsungs Facebook page. Frankly they weren’t so bad before but I realised that I often bought their products that were on special price because they were being phased out. It is better to buy the latest so that you don’t have any problems