A hesitant participant #The A to Z Challenge

Why I am reluctant to participate in the #A to Z Challenge

Is it age or sheer exhaustion? Is it the stress of keeping to deadlines ? Or is it that the past two years’ of participation hasn’t resulted in any tangible changes. After all my bounce rate is still same. My traffic has increased only marginally and that too in a spiked graph. My following has also barely increased. So I wonder why I’m doing it at all.

[Tweet “Last year I had diligently commented on may posts but very few had the courtesy to even acknowledge my comments let alone reciprocate the gesture.”]

Besides I haven’t even thought of a theme that would take me through all the letters of the alphabet.

But I seem to be a glutton for punishment. Because this morning, in fact just now I’ve had a change of heart.

Inspiration strikes in the strangest places

I read a few theme reveals this morning, Payal’s, Esha’s and of course Shalinis’s. I know my other blogger friends are going to participate like Tina and Roshan.  And I thought : Ok. I’ll cheer them on from the outside.

[Tweet “After all if everybody is busy driving the Mercedes, who is going to see them drive away?”]

Then this morning, as I opened up my cupboard to answer that eternal question of what I should wear today, I found the answer hanging right in front of me .

In case, you haven’t guessed .

Here it is

The Textile Traditions of India.

Indeed India is famous for its textile traditions . With almost every woman draping herself in 6 yards of fabric and the men wearing equally voluminous garbs, we need a lot of cloth to keep ourselves covered.

Not only do we need lots of yardage but different materials and textures. We have silks , cotton and jute. Then we have gossamer thin weaves and complicated jaquards.

Our fabrics are printed, dyed and embellished with intricate designs taking up thousands of man hours and executed with precision and skill .

So I expect to take you on this colourful journey all through the month of April in the #A to Z Challenge.

I hope some of my enthusiasm rubs off on you , dear reader , as I unravel the mystique of the Indian Textile tradition yard by colourful yard .

Looking forward to seeing you there!

1. This is a wonderful theme – one close to my heart (& i have very limited information/ knowledge) – Looking forward to your series. See you 1st April 🙂

2. Sheethal says:

Interesting and a different theme. I’m definitely going to be around to read these. Love our Indian attires and colors and fabrics. So rich and very vibrant.

All the best for the month. 🙂

3. This is a really unique theme! I confess, I don’t know much about textiles, save the difference between denim and all other materials! *hides face* *runs away*

I will follow your posts and learn much more about the things I don’t know yet! All the best Sunita, and don’t worry about the stats, and spikes and bounce rates. Ardent followers are what matter! ?
    Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710 recently posted…Theme Reveal #AtoZChallenge 2017My Profile

4. Amrita says:

This I am excited about. Sounds like a perfect reason to go shopping and call it research

Wow.. Thats a different theme. I would love to read about them as my knowledge in such stuff is zilch. Looking forward to your posts.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…What is your Mount Everest?My Profile

Thanks Lata. I hope I don’t disappoint. What happened to Dia and Sameer? I really enjoyed that series and was looking forward to another exciting and entertaining 26 posts from you. Enjoy your holiday though. I’m sure it will be far more fun ….

6. Natasha says:

Unishta,
    So glad you stumbled upon your theme. The universe works in strange, magical ways and with equally cryptic timings; leaving us with answers we needed to hear.

The rich, myriad textile tradition of India should be quite an explorative journey for all of us bloggers.
    Enjoy the ride.

7. Welcome to the mad party – I am looking forward to your posts as I love sarees and am a big fan of Indian textiles too!
    Dont worry, I will read your blog for sure!
    Cheers
    SHALINI BAISIWALA recently posted…[ Theme Reveal ] Peregrination Chronicles | #atozchallenge 2017 |My Profile

8. I am here to cheer you on ! 🙂

And your theme sounds incredible. Not to mention, I think a lot of people are still unaware of the different textiles made in India (including me )

Best of luck !

9. That’s an interesting and unique post! I must admit re the commenting, I found it hard to reply to comments on my own blog during the challenge in 2014 and 2015. Instead, I made the effort to reciprocate by commenting on the other person’s blog. Good luck with the challenge!
    Sanch @ Sanch Writes recently posted…A to Z Challenge 2017 Theme RevealMy Profile

10. Shalini R says:

Do you know how heartwarming your post is! Thanks for the mention. I know things will go uglier when A to Z starts, that’s cos’ everyone wants to do a lot of things at a time. I’m sure you’ll love it this time. And that’s a fantastic theme! Count me in. I will be dropping b to read your posts 🙂 Happy A to Z!
    Indian Dishes at Something’s Cooking
    Shalini R recently posted…Sawasdee ThailandMy Profile

11. JazzFeathers says:

This sure sounds like a very unique theme.
    Can’t wait to read more.
    Have a fantastic challenge!

@JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter – Theme Reveal – 1940s Film Noir
    JazzFeathers recently posted…AtoZ Challenge Theme Reveal Blogfest Day 2017My Profile

12. Rajlakshmi says:

Yaayy you are participating ?? that’s a very different topic from what I have read so far. Brilliant one as well. I hope this year is more fulfilling than before. ❤
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…5 things I did last WeekMy Profile

13. I enjoy how you pulled this together. Simple yet filled with nuggets of wisdom 🙂

14. Eva says:

This is my first year participating in the Challenge, but I followed some blogs last year. One thing that amazes me is the variety of themes. I think yours can be interesting.

My theme is going to be very different: postcards, as my blog is about all postal things.

Eva – Mail Adventures

15. I am definitely excited for your theme and i am definitely gonna read and share each of them 🙂
    AllThatsmom

16. I’m so glad you decided to jump in. Textiles are near 7 dear to my heart. My gig is hand made paper as well as fabric plus other “stuff” . Very anxious to see what you post. I’ll bet this year you will see more traffic.

How to Build an Artful Life
    Linda G

17. Shilpa Garg says:

That’s an interesting theme and it will be enlightening for me. Looking forward to read all about the Textile Traditions of India from A to Z through your words and eyes, Sunita! All the very best 🙂

18. Jetgirl says:

I am intrigued! I know very little about textiles, but I love fabrics and colors, so I am looking forward to learning something! A-to-Z-er Jetgirl visiting via Forty, c’est Fantastique

19. RT says:

if I didn’t have to earn a living and support my little family, I would really spend my days surrounded by textiles – wearing gorgeous textiles instead of drab greys blacks and corporate blues. I would work with textiles, exploring different weaves, dyes, patterns. I would be surrounded by color. If wishes were horses, we would fly right? But wry humor aside, I’m looking forward to your posts…. here are some starter ideas: Anarkali, Blouse, Cocoon, Dhaka Cotton, Georgette, Ikkat (suddenly everywhere)/Indigo, Kanjeevaram/Kantha/Khadi, Lace, Mysore silks/Mango motif, Nalli, Paithani/Paisley, Satin/Seersucker/Sari, Tussar, Upada, Warp and Weft,

20. Shraesta says:

Super theme for AtoZ challenge. Excited to collect info on textiles and I m sure all girly bloggers are gonna order for shipping your posts on attires?