Stormy skies from Mumbai #SkywatchFriday

Driving down Marine Drive  today, I saw several people taking pictures of the stormy sky. This was a welcome relief for a city that was literally lashed with high speed winds that blew away umbrellas. The whole of last week was wet , dreary and equally with the wind whistling through the gaps in our front door .

The respite this week was welcome indeed and  Marine Drive was filled with people whipping out their cellphones to capture the stormy skies. It was the middle of the afternoon but you could see everyone out there enjoying the cool breeze without the hassle of flying umbrellas and  pointless raincoats.

Happy weekend all. Enjoy the weather wherever you are.

Join me and other bloggers from around the world sharing their skies here on #SkywatchFriday.

1. Ramya says:

Nice! It seems like high speed wind

2. Peter B. says:

Sometimes we get winds that last over multiple days. It wears on you after a while! I like your photos!!

3. Photo Cache says:

Monsoon season now?

Oh yes. Much awaited since ours is a rain fed agricultural economy. Bad monsoon= bad economy. Good monsoon= good economy. Good economy =happy people!

4. ladyfi says:

Lovely shots.

5. Shilpa Garg says:

Your post reminded me of our Mumbai days and our trips to Marine Drive. Some lovely memories we have had here!
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…Drop the Dead Leaves -Thursday Tree Love #4My Profile

6. I have never been to Mumbai. May be I should try one day. Love the pics, awesome shots.

7. yogi says:

It has been relentlessly hot here but it is going to rain Monday we are told.
    yogi recently posted…The Ape-Ocalpyse Now – War for the Planet of the ApesMy Profile

8. Jeez, I miss just driving by Marine Drive and of course, stopping to click pictures. I can never get over this place.

apsster @Little Heart Speaks

9. Leo says:

I think even I would have whipped out my camera and taken a picture of the stormy skies. 🙂 They look beautiful. Can almost feel the breeze seeing the leaves of the tree!
    Leo recently posted…A Piece of HopeMy Profile