When the Tall Tree Speaks #ThursdayTreeLove

People who reach the top of the tree are only those who haven’t got the qualifications to detain them at the bottom.

Peter Ustinov

This afternoon while visiting my tax consultant I saw this beautiful Rain Tree outside his window. It was truly a grand specimen of the Great Indian Rain Tree that rose up to the third floor of this old stone clad building in Mumbai’s original business district inside the once walled area of city known as ‘Fort’.

It brought a strange calm among the hustle and bustle in the street below

Linking this up with Parul’s photo initiative #ThursdayTreeLove where other bloggers share pictures of the trees they love.

1. Somehow the stone building and the tree seems so serene. You are right to have captured it.

Funny quote and true many times. Love the trees in South Mumbai.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…Cover Reveal : Avishi by Saiswaroopa IyerMy Profile

3. Balaka Basu says:

This is such a beautiful tree

4. Dahlia says:

Beautiful!

5. G Angela says:

you captured this picture so well, its always a pleasure for me to look at the tree and just be happy. Thanks for sharing.

6. Archana says:

Truly a calming tree!
    Archana recently posted…Knotted (Wordless Wednesday)My Profile

7. Esha says:

That’s a lovely capture, Sunita. I love the rain trees for the way they spread out like a giant canopy! Thankfully Bangalore abounds in these.

Yes South Mumbai too . Unfortunately many of them are now really old and in danger of being trimmed following the death of a passerby who was killed by a coconut tree that fell down!

8. Modern Gypsy says:

Sights like this in the middle of a metropolis like Mumbai bring solace to the heart! Fort is one of my absolute favorite places to explore when I’m in the city – the cobbled lanes and the gorgeous architecture fascinate me no end!
    Modern Gypsy recently posted…Monthly Tarot Forecast for September 2017My Profile

1. July 20, 2017