If we were having Coffee #WriteBravely

If we were having coffee……..

I’d serve it on the balcony overlooking the pale blue sea. We’d watch  the placid waters break out into a frothy frothy foam as it came closer to the land.

If we were having coffee…..

I would dip my crunchy Shrewsbury biscuit into the cup and lift it just before it crumbled into a melting mass of buttery sweetness.

If we were having coffee……

I’d tell you tales of Wow Dinga, Ms Papaya and little Po.  How Little Po threw the telephone into the loo and Ms Papaya opened all the child proof locks.

If we were having coffee….

I’d tell you about the disappointing book I just read. Romesh Gunasekara’s  book “The Match’ an ordinary story about an ordinary boy who leads an ordinary life.

If we were having coffee…….

I’d tell you about the birdsong every morning as I woke up in my mother’s house this week.  The string hoppers and the chicken stew she specially made for me

If we were having coffee…….

I’d tell you tales of virtual friends whose writing made them real to me . The stories , ideas,  light hearted banter  and how the Write Tribe challenged me.

‘I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words #6I am  and this is the last post of the  challenge.

Day 7 (11 Aug/Fri) – ‘If we were  having coffee…….’

1. I hope that we can have that coffee together, one of these days. And if we had had coffee, I could have told you that childproof locks were only good for thwarting grown-ups.
    Holly Jahangiri recently posted…A Taste of Home for the Next Generation (Interview with Sapna Anu George)My Profile

2. It’s lovely to have coffee overlooking water in the sea.
    Mahati ramya adivishnu recently posted…Coffee with you #WriteBravely – WTFOW Day 7My Profile

3. Natasha says:

This is such a soulful piece of poetry? Lovely start my morning. It really perked me up Sunita. Thank you. Those words were magical and I kid you not☺️

4. Vinitha says:

Simply fell in love with this post, Sunita. I would love to have coffee with you on that balcony devouring the gorgeous sea view. Congrats on completing the challenge. 🙂
    Vinitha recently posted…If we were having coffee.. #FestivalOfWords #writebravelyMy Profile

5. Amrita says:

If we were having coffee and I heard these stories I would be back for more coffee.Loved the view you shared.Waking up to birds make me happy too !
    Amrita recently posted…If We Were Having Coffee #WritebravelyMy Profile

Sunita, life with the Super trio seems like an adventure. I removed the locks to make them child proof. My younger one had once locked himself in, another occasion, he locked the maid in the toilet. So, simply removed all locks on the door except the latch at the top. It was great to have coffee with you.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…If we were having coffee… #WTFOW #writebravelyMy Profile

7. That’s a lovely scenic view for having coffee..So calm and serene…

8. I would love to have coffee with you in your balcony and the look at the waves crashing in the pale blue sea. I would also love to hear your tales of your grandchildren and marvel on the phrase – ‘ye aajkal ke bachhe.’ I am sure I will get quite a many tidbits of wisdom from your life. It has always been wonderful to interact with you within and outside the realms of blogging.
    I couldn’t miss the badge at the end of the post with Bellybytes’ imprint on it 🙂
    Anamika Agnihotri recently posted…Let’s just chat over coffee #writebravelyMy Profile

9. Akshata says:

THat was a lovely round up post Sujata and the last lines pretty much sum up what we all tribe members mutually felt about this challenge. So glad to have connnected

10. Damyanti says:

Makes me want to have coffee with you!
    Damyanti recently posted…Would You Join in the We Are the World Blogfest? #WATWB #WriteBravelyMy Profile

11. Dahlia says:

I will hold you to all this and more when we have coffee together ? Cheers

12. Shalini says:

It’d be great to meet you! 🙂 I’m glad you took part in the FOW. It was really fun 🙂
    Shalini recently posted…Of Coffee and a Windowless KitchenMy Profile

13. Steph says:

You made me laugh. (I don’t like birds.) And while I don’t know what a Shrewsbury biscuit is, I now feel compelled to enjoy a biscotti with my morning coffee. Cheers and continue to #WRITEBRAVELY

Shrewsbury are actually shortbread – crisp and buttery . They are supposed to be made in Shrewsbury , England but I don’t know if this is for real…. we have a fish in India called Bombay Duck which is neither a duck nor a native of Mumbai ( though it is found in the waters near the city)

14. Modern Gypsy says:

I do hope we can have that coffee together one of these days! I’d love to hear stories of the 3 musketeers, and I’ll share anecdotes of my cats, and how similar they are to children!
    Modern Gypsy recently posted…If we were having coffee #WriteBravelyMy Profile

15. I would love to be sitting on that balcony having coffee with you looking out at that frothy, frothy sea…

16. I would like to have that coffee with you. 🙂

Congrats on finishing the fest. It was a fun ride with you all. 🙂
    Sheethal Susan Jacob recently posted…If we were having coffee …My Profile

17. I would really love to have a cup of coffee with you for the beautiful view of sea, to know the naughtiness of Wow Dinga, Ms. Pappaya and Little Po. Thanks for noting me about that ordinary book.
    Vasantha Vivek recently posted…Join Us For Linky Party 13 ……….. – #HappySundayMy Profile

18. Shilpa Garg says:

I would really love to have coffee with you, Sunita! I am so keen to listen to your amazing stories and experiences and also tales of Wow Dinga, Ms Papaya and little Po. 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…If We Were Having Coffee #WriteBravelyMy Profile