Alone together #FridayReflections

This is my take on ‘Alone Together ‘ this week’s prompt on #FridayReflections hosted by Corinne and Sanch at EverydayGyaan.

Now we are alone together

Here we are alone together

Sitting holding hands in the twilight of our lives.

Once upon a time we were together but never really alone :

we had our parents, children and a lot of friends.

We had excitement, stress and anger

And we had chocolates and whiskey too.

We had travel, we had challenges

And in all this we had each other so we were never alone together.

But

Now we are alone together

Sitting holding hands in the twilight of our lives.

But no

We still have lots of stuff between us

You have diabetes

I have arthritis

You have your restrictions

I have mine too

You have your spectacles

I have a cataract

You have a dietician

I have a Physio

We have a lot don’t we ?

To keep us company.

Are we really alone together

Sitting holding hands in the twilight of our lives?

I’m taking my Alexa Rank higher with #MyFriendAlexa and Blogchatter

1. I’ve never thought of my arthritis, my dry eye or my two baby cataracts as companions-that is an interesting perspective!
    The Unknown Journey Ahead recently posted…Alone Together #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

2. Haha. A unique way toook at it. Though some of those companions in old age can be a real chore!
    Roshan Radhakrishnan recently posted…The Two Women in my Life #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

3. Vinitha says:

Such a unique take on the prompt, Sunita. We are never really alone together, though at times it seems that way.

4. Ness says:

This resonates with me as I’m anticipating our 22nd wedding anniversary in a few months! Why can’t we still have the chocolates and whiskey without all the health problems?! lol

5. Manisha Garg says:

I liked the way you have written. Cheers

6. That’s a unique take on the prompt! Different perspective altogether 😀

I’m so glad you liked it. Being alone together is not always a blessing….. sometimes you do want other people around apart from the aches and pains that don’t go away

7. What a brilliant flow of these verses. Liked the originality of this piece 🙂

8. Ruchi Verma says:

Such a great flow with words ..I loved this one

9. Loved the perspective… we are never really alone together … beautifully written

10. Shraesta says:

Love remains forever between two. Its all about caring and sharing with all smiles.
    Superb poem .

11. Sadhuvi says:

Nice write-up!!!

12. Natasha says:

Sunita, I feel your poetry always stands out. It’s unique, and the energies of the poem are always palpable.
    What a sweet take on the prompt.
    Loved it. And the Title is great too. Please write more poetry.

Natasha recently posted…The Rafting Adventure: #WanderlustWednesdayMy Profile

13. Shamik says:

Nice read…. liked it 🙂
    Shamik recently posted…Ecommerce in IndiaMy Profile

14. Brinda says:

Loved the humorous take on things that are actually a reality. I have diabetes you have arthritis…haha…I can see my future right here.

15. A lovely play of words which brilliantly brought out the pain and emotions of being together alone.

16. Akshata says:

The alone together has changed so drastically as they take this journey of life together- from chocolates to cataract. Loved your take Sunita hi
    Akshata recently posted…Role Reversal #FridayFictioneers #FlashFictionMy Profile

17. Great take on the prompt…loved the rhythm of the post and the bittersweet message. Thanks for linking up
    Sanch @ Sanch Writes recently posted…From impossible to opportunity #FridayReflectionsMy Profile

18. When there is someone beside you, the feeling of loneliness can never bother. Loved the way you expressed the journey of all the ups and downs of life. And a unique perspective to the prompt. 🙂

19. Disha says:

A refreshing prospective on the prompt! We never are really alone. 🙂

This is so cute. Looks like I missed this post when it was published. I loved reading it. So much history as we accumulate the years.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…Guest Post : Saiswaroopa on AvishiMy Profile