Supertrees of Singapore #ThursdayTreeLove

Image for Supertrees of SingaporeAlmost two years to the day, I was at Singapore’s Gardens By The Bay. Visiting this man made wonder after a day at Singapore’s famed Botanical Gardens was a bit of a downer because even though the Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest were fabulous, it was a bit like costume jewellery :fabulous but fake. But in

In hindsight, though, the Supertree Grove is indeed a wonder. Did you know that :

• 11 of the Supertrees are embedded with environmentally sustainable functions like photovoltaic cells to harvest solar energy.
  • Over 162,900 plants comprising more than 200 species and varieties of bromeliads, orchids, ferns and tropical flowering climbers are planted on the Supertrees.

Now that alone makes this garden worth a visit. Isn’t it?

I’m linking this up with Parul’s #ThursdayTreeLove , a weekly initiative where other bloggers share their pictures of trees.

I’m taking my Alexa Rank to a new level with #MyFriendAlexa and Blogchatter

My Alexa Rank today is 92,852

1. arv! says:

Certainly, it is one of the most sought after experience in Singapore. I will suggest everyone visiting Singapore to visit this site. Great picture and post.

Wow..i thought they are for aesthetics only. I have also not seen a picture with plants on it. It’s beautiful.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…Book Blitz : Avishi by Saiswaroopa IyerMy Profile

3. Picturesque beauty
    Lovely Post
    Love
    P,

4. Amrita BASU says:

Loved the picture and the story.The best part is Supertrees may be the solution in the future for many problems.

5. Neha Tambe says:

These are indeed beautiful and a man-made wonder. I remember visiting here and trying to find a way to get on top, but we couldn’t do that then
    Neha Tambe recently posted…How to use Instagram for business or personal brandMy Profile

6. Wow! I love these kind of posts. I love knowing the unknown. Keep writing.

7. Atulmaharaj says:

I have read about these but never seen them. I didn’t know about the photovoltaic cells bit. Informative post. Keep writing !
    Atulmaharaj recently posted…5 Reasons Why you should Self Host your BlogMy Profile

8. Parul Thakur says:

Absolutely stunning. Never seen anything like this and until I read your post, I did not believe they are natural. The shots are very neat too.
    Thank you for sharing Sunita and joining.
    Parul Thakur recently posted…#ThursdayTreeLove – 23My Profile

9. Leo says:

Something to look forward to should I go there, I think. 🙂 I love being in a garden and near nature, even man-made. Thanks for the post and the pic, Sunitha.
    Leo recently posted…A Piece of HopeMy Profile

10. Deepa says:

I have seen the pictures before but didnt know all this about these trees. Thanks for sharing the info.
    Deepa recently posted…Why is Parenting a Team Work?My Profile

11. karuna chauhan says:

We visited Garden by the bay last year in August during our Singapore trip. I was in complete awe and it’s an awesome place indeed! I really enjoyed the experiences inside the domes as well!

12. Dixita says:

I want to visit such green place too.
    It is a blessing tobe there

13. Neha gupta says:

I did not know about these facts. Would love to visit Singapore and see them for myself. Thanks for sharing..

14. Archana says:

I have been wanting to visit Singapore again only for this garden… This post has just raised the city rank on my wish list!! Great facts btw… Thanks 🙂
    Archana recently posted…Sleeping (#ThursdayTreeLove)My Profile

15. Wow i really love to see such man made beautiful and wonderful things. Never heard about man made trees. It looks very huge and unique in shape ,want to see once closely

16. Wow.. super tree grove is indeed a wonder. I would love to visit some day.
    Mahati ramya adivishnu recently posted…#ThursdayTreeLove – When leaves wear yellowMy Profile

17. G Angela says:

Awesome is the word here when I looked at the picture…. its beautiful:)

18. Bellybytes says:

Thanks for the link up Parul

1. September 28, 2017