Morning & Evening Sky #SkywatchFriday

Last weekend we had some unseasonal showers. Not only were they unseasonal but they were unusual- in some parts of my city the rain was black.

Yes, it seemed that the Thundershowers caused a fire on Butcher Island, one of the tiny islets off the Mumbai Coast. Oil is stored on this island and for several hours the fire blazed, causing tremendous harm to the environment.

So when yesterday’s sky was blue and clear with Just the perfect amount of white cloud, I was thrilled!

Here’s my morning sky. The sky was cleaned up with the storm and had puffy clouds of white.

Luckily the weather was good and by sunset there was a golden glow.

As always, just after the monsoon, the air was crisp and visibility was crystal clear.

I hope the weather stays fine for the Festival of Lights coming up next week.

Take care all and have a happy weekend.

I’m participating in #SkywatchFriday where bloggers from all over the world share pictures of their sky. Do drop in to see some great clicks.

1. yogi says:

Nice photos. I hope that nobody was injured with the fire.
    yogi recently posted…ABC Wednesday – N is for …My Profile

2. Al says:

Nice city shots! Black rain sounds awful.

3. Carol says:

I really like the 2nd photo, the kind of morning I love. White puffy clouds, blue skies, and the world awakens

4. Peter B. says:

I like the golden glow in the sky. Beautiful!!

5. LaVoice says:

What a difference a day makes. Nice work.

6. Whoa I love the views you have of the sea and sunset – gorgeous pics Sunita!!
    SHALINI BAISIWALA recently posted…Winter is my queen! [ #writingbravely ]My Profile

7. Jidhu Jose says:

lovely sky clicks

8. Rajlakshmi says:

The sky looks amazing. Fabulous colors ? one gets to see spectacular sunsets when the sky is partly clouded. The view from your home is so beautiful…
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…My Sister’s love for 50 kg of Poultry FeedMy Profile

9. Hey, I’m from Mumbai too and can totally relate to your post. Lovely pics. Mumbai has this thing in it that seems magical to me…the skyline during and right after monsoons is beautiful!

Oh yes.. The skies were beautiful yesterday. And the pictures are lovely as well.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…Bated Breath #writebravelyMy Profile

11. Esha says:

There’s been so much rain and flooding everywhere that I’m beginning to hate the rains although they are needed esp where I live because we have acute water scarcity in Bangalore during the dry spells! Having said that, this year, the city got so much rain that it came to its’ knees and made our lives difficult. I’d love to see the bright blue skies any day.

12. Vicky Zavros says:

Lovely skies over the city…

13. Archana says:

Breathtaking!! Rains do have a way of cleaning up everything dont they??
    Archana recently posted…Birch (#ThursdayTreeLove)My Profile