If we were having coffee #FridayReflections

Chances are I’d be having a really quick cup of coffee with you simply because I’m being rushed off my feet .

If we were having coffee I’d pour my heart out and tell you how the hot and cold water taps in our bathroom clogged up. I’d tell you how the plumber checked it out and said it was a small job that would take a week to set right

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you how a 6″ pipe fix became a whole bathroom reconstruct ! And how a one week job became a ONE month nightmare.

If we were having coffee I’d tell you about the lovely wine and cheese evening I had at Mumbai’s hippest and happening place – The Quarter.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you about the fun times I’ve had with friends and family this month soon coming to an end.

If we were having coffee I’d tell you about two birthday parties – one to celebrate 60 and the other 61! I’d tell you about my 60 year old friend and the others in the room . All the ladies of that vintage looking good with their wrinkles and greying hair. They moved well and with grace on their not- so nimble feet but with all the verve and vigour that they did when they were all of 16.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you about the disappointing art show at Sassoon Docks. Though the theme was recycling it was depressingly real.

If we were having coffee I’d tell you how amazed I am that November has come to an end . How it seamlessly it has slipped from October and into December.

If we were having coffee I’d tell you you about the hazy, grey mornings and the cool evening breezes that have started blowing after sunset.

If we were having coffee I’d tell you how Blissful it is to be woken up by Ms Papaya calling me the Pudge .

And how lovely it is to nuzzle up to Little Po playing dog on all fours.

If we were having coffee I’d tell you how grateful and blessed I am for the life I’m living despite its down moments when I feel terribly low.

We all have our lows but I think they only make the highs more glorious . Don’t you ?

Sharing this with Sanch and Corinne on #FridayReflections

1. Shilpa Gupte says:

Aww..Sunita, I can so visualise how life must have gone haywire because of the bathroom work. We went through 3 months of it couple years ago. It was a real nightmare! However, once done, the house did look new!
    True, it’s only because of our downs that the ups look so refreshing and calming.

I hope you have a wonderful December, Sunita..better December, in some ways! 😛
    Shilpa Gupte recently posted…The brave heart who helps nab perverts. #WATWBMy Profile

I hope so too! This last week of November at least is more entertaining with three music shows coming up and three fancy dinners ahead! Yay. I’m happy this month is coming to an end and the bathroom is back in use

2. Shilpa Garg says:

What an eventful time you have had these past few weeks.
    Gosh! I have had a similar experience where a day’s work turned into a nightmarish fortnight with cement, bricks and tools in the centre of the room and a thick layer of dust EVERYWHERE!!
    The wine and cheese look tempting. And yes, it’s the lows that make us appreciate and cherish the highs more. It was lovely having this coffee with you, Sunita 🙂
    Shilpa Garg recently posted…He Provides the Homeless a Second Chance at Life #WATWBMy Profile

3. I hate to say it, but that “art installation” looks like the aftermath of a natural disaster. What were they thinking?

Any renovation around the house is a mess and the guys are notorious to take double the time to complete it. Well, imagine the renovated bathroom and you will feel better.
    Lata Sunil recently posted…Guest Post : Saiswaroopa on AvishiMy Profile

You bet! That’s why I wait till it’s almost impossible to live without repairing/renovating and perhaps that’s why it takes longer??? I still have to do and am dreading that…

5. Alice Gerard says:

Oh no! The renovations that take forever! It makes it hard to live in the house. I hope that the renovations are finished now!

6. Rr says:

Gosh I didn’t recognize my old room!!!’can’t wait to see you!!!!

7. I need to dig through some posts to figure out who Miss Papaya is but Pudge seems to be such a cute name to be called.
    Wine and cheese evening… mmmm… sounds so fancy, I need to get me one of those 🙂
    Happy week to you! 🙂

8. I hate when something small ends up being a bigger piece of work! Hope things are sorting themselves out on that front. Glad though you had some other lovely things to focus on 🙂