Last week we were getting ready for work when the phone rang.
- Who could it be? I hope it’s not what I think it is.
- No, I don’t think so but let’s find out.
Five minutes later I found out.
- You won’t believe this : the hospital has asked for the crank
- The crank?
- Yes the crank. That’s the instrument used to raise and lower the Fowler’s Bed.
- But why would they ask for it now?
- Because another patient in the hospital who is using the bed needs to be raised and lowered.
- But why do they want ours?
- Because there is only ONE crank in the hospital.
- So what do we suggest we do?
- One suggestion was to go to ‘Chor Bazaar” and buy one since spares aren’t available as Fowler’s beds are discontinued.
As it turned out, there was no need to go to the flea market ( Chor Bazaar) as the issue of the crank was solved with the simple spanner from the tool box.