I am a prickly pear #FridayReflections
“Don’t talk to strangers” .
This was the standard advice I’d get from my grandma, my mother, my father, my brother, my friends . And now , I get the same advice from my husband, my in-laws and even my daughters!
It won’t be long before my grandchildren tell me ” Ajji don’t talk to strange people.”
Yes! Everyone tells me NOT to talk to strangers. Simply because according to all those who know me, I can even talk to a WALL.
So naturally, I’m not going reveal much to a stranger on a plane. And what you see is what you get!
- These days I love playing the part of “I’m a little, old lady ” : I keep my handbag under the chair in front of me ( because my hands don’t reach up dumbo!) and who fidgets a bit with the seat belt, especially getting it to fit round her waist.
- I am a movie freak and watch all the watchable movies on the flight.
- I am quite a fussy eater and actually waste the food or send it back it I don’t like it.
- I get up from time to time, either to stretch my legs or go to the loo.
- I am scared of air turbulence and actually grip my seat in fear when the fasten seat belt sign comes on
- I hate crying babies and won’t reach out to comfort a wailing infant or even help the helpless mother.
- I value my space and if your head flops onto my shoulder while sleeping, I WILL PUSH IT BACK TO YOUR NECK.
- Similarly, if your hand inadvertently comes onto my lap or your knee touches mine, I will make it quite obvious that I DON’T like it.
- But on the other hand, I will hand you your meal tray, glass of water/wine or any hand out if you are squashed on the last seat by the window and the cabin crew find it difficult to reach out to you.
- Similarly, if you need any help in filling out any forms, I will gladly assist you.
- If you want me to change my seat so that you can sit next to your friend/companion I would normally oblige.
But if you expect me to tell you my whole life story in exchange for yours, forget it!
Happy weekend all!