Conversations? #WordlessWednesday

Walking through the Kala Ghoda area I came across this interesting sight .

The contrast between the twentieth century animated conversationists in the mural and the bored modern day tourist and the watchful tourist in the mural is quite amazing isn’t it ?

The bylanes of KalaGhoda are being revived with cute boutiques that peddle haute couture and haute cuisine. Almost every day there is something new open up.  I can’t get enough of this place ! No wonder  it has become one of my favourite haunts in the city.

Sharing this photo with Natasha and Esha on #WordlessWednesday.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Ciao

1. I have explored very little of Mumbai. But have heard so much about Kala Ghoda that I would love to be there someday. That’s quite an interesting contrast that you have captured.

2. Alana says:

Yes, that is quite the contrast. Something tells me a 22nd century mural would not feature the gentleman absorbed in his phone!

3. arv says:

I have heard so much about this place. someday!

4. Daisy says:

Your blogs do gimme a high ?

5. Parul Thakur says:

That is so ironical. But what a timely capture you got there, Sunita. Good one!
    Parul Thakur recently posted…A Cinnamon SellerMy Profile

Actually I was a bit late. Just a little while earlier, the watchman and the bored tourist were in conversation…. so that would have been a conversation separated by a century

6. Esha M Dutta says:

Love this place…those magical bylanes that sell stuff from everywhere. I recall buying wooden blocks (for blockprinting) and loads of knock knacks from these lanes two years back. This place has a charm that is unparalleled. Time for another visit, methinks! 🙂 Thank you for joining us this week for #ww, Sunita.

7. Natasha says:

I love Kalaghoda. Love all the interesting eateries that dot this place and the stalls selling knick-knacks. I hope to attend the Kalaghoda festival some day.

This is such a fabulous, candid shot. Don’t know why but it has a very theatric feel to it, as though the scene was being enacted by the people present against that beautiful backdrop. I always marvel at pictures like these which are taken without the knowledge of the subjects. I’m not sure I could, as I feel embarrassed I might get caught catching them aware.

Loved your post, Sunita. Thank you so much for linking up.

I too find it embarrassed to take candid shots of strangers particularly. I hesitated a bit else it would have been even more dramatic when the modern men were talking to each other !