Beating Retreat #WordlessWednesday

Featured post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers

Nothing can be more soul stirring than a Military parade .

As a Naval brat I had seen many a Naval parade and didn’t know how much I missed them till I saw this jaw dropping Beating Retreat and Tattoo on Sunday.

The Western Naval Command is celebrating its Golden Anniversary had three performances of this grand ceremony .

The one we attended was specifically or the public and many school children were invited to watch. I’m sure they were impressed and thrilled with the music, the marching , the drills and the daredevil realistic rescue operations.

Carried out with military precision, my heart stopped when I saw the simulated terrorist attack. Ironically it was at the same place that had seen this awful tragedy 10 years ago.

Seeing these brave men in white, I felt a surge of joy and gratitude that thanks to them our shores are safe.

Sharing this post on #WordlessWednesday hosted by Esha and Natasha.

Ciao

1. Esha M Dutta says:

Looking at the picture and reading your lovely post, I can only imagine what a wonderful experience it must have been to witness this Naval Parade. I love the military precision with which they conduct these ceremonies and the way everyone is in perfect sync with one another. Absolutely agree, Sunita—it is to these brave men and their sacrifice that we owe our peace of mind.

2. Alana says:

I would love to see something like this. I’ve seen the United States Blue Angels (flying performance) in action and it shows you the courage and training of those who protect us.

3. I thought this happens only at the Wagah border. To watch this has been on my wishlist for a long long time. Just seeing these pictures give me goosebumps! I think I’ll cry when I see this in person!

4. Rajlakshmi says:

I totally agree. Military parades make me all teary and overwhelmed. Every single time.
    It’s been many years since I have seen a live one, but I do like watching them on TV sometimes.

5. Rajlakshmi says:

It’s been many years since I have seen a live one, but I do like to watch them on TV sometimes.
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…#WW – Cake and CodeMy Profile

6. I have been to the Wagah Border to watch the flag lowering ceremony and I couldn’t believe myself to have become emotional and teary-eyed. Of course, it wasn’t a miracle of I going emotional because it is my basic nature but then it was something else. If I hadn’t experienced that day at Wagah, I would not have been able to understand your sentiments in this post. I do.
    Anamika Agnihotri recently posted…Pop-up Pull-out Picture Atlas #PictureBookReview 19My Profile

7. Shilpa Gupte says:

It must have been quite a show! Would love to see one some day. it does give me goosebumps watching our men in uniform in action.

8. Shalzmojo says:

I was roaming around the Gateway for 3 days but couldnt get close as this band was practicing – how I would have loved to be a part of watching the Parade.
    Shalzmojo recently posted…#MyMojo – 6 Kids’ Books Series for a great Family Reading TimeMy Profile

9. Manish says:

I never experience such wonderful moment. I wish to see a military parade, actually In childhood, I want to be a part of our defense system and I tried, I appeared in the exam but didn’t get selected.