Where has my city gone ? #WordlessWednesday

Good morning all and welcome to my first #WordlessWednesday of the year. This initiative by Esha and Natasha brings several bloggers together sharing their views of the world that speak more than mere words.

The other day I was looking out at Marine Drive and was shocked to see nothing beyond the sea. What happened to all the high rises in the distance ?

They were hiding behind the winter haze. Actually, this wasn’t the photo I really wanted to publish. I had another taken on my other device . Sadly that device turned out to be a rotten Apple and does not pick up my Vodafone frequency. And in all the rigmarole, I lost the image. However, this image too has highrises fading into the haze……..

As was Marine Drive itself from my balcony this morning . Image for vanishing city

I wonder what it would be like if half the city suddenly vanished .

Scary thought isn’t it ?

Ciao and Happy Wednesday all.

1. I often think if the world vanishes when I wake up in the morning what will I do? Will I swim in the universe or shall I have a new home. I just let my imagination run wild 🙂

I would love to just sleep in a bit more.. a luxury this city doesn’t give me.

3. Scary to imagine Marine Drive fading away like that 🙂 Is it pollution or the cloud haze? Hopefully, will get to see Marine Drive this year!

4. Anagha Yatin says:

Who moved my city? Some alien invasion? Captain Sunita takes charge and sends the aliens retreating to their Andromedia galaxy. Breaking News… This is Anagha reporting with cameraman Unishta.
    Hahaha…you gave me good ride to the fantasy world Sunita.
    These days, I wonder if its haze or smog? And this thought worries me a bit.

5. I know that haze just seems to swallow up everything. Scary thought, though!

6. If it would have been the fog in which the buildings would have gone hiding, it would have been lovely. But, if it is the haze, I am as worried as you. I have witnessed haze in Delhi and Gurgaon whenever I visit for a few days. I miss the blue sky which has become a thing of the past there.

7. Rekha says:

You gotta feeling to Delhi to know how lucky you are. From November to January end the pollution levels are so high that one cannot see anything beyond a few metres. Luckily this year has been much better than last few years. We did get some winter aunshine and I am really grateful about it.
    Rekha recently posted…How Your To-Do List Can Make You a Happier PersonMy Profile

8. Now don’t tell me the Delhi smog has enveloped Mumbai too. :-((

Such a pity. Despite all the awareness and intelligence man seems to be on a war footing destroying his own habitat.

It’s always such a pleasure to have you link up with us on #WW, Sunita. Thank you.
    Natasha Sinha recently posted…Things That Make Me Happy: #WordlessWednesdayMy Profile

9. Esha M Dutta says:

I’d be terrified to see half of my city suddenly disappear, Sunita. The smog is getting everywhere. Most mornings Bangalore wakes up to a foggy start to the day which eventually clears up but I dread the day we start getting smog like Delhi and Kolkata.

So happy to have you join in for our #ww linky party this week. I’m looking forward to more photos from you in the coming weeks, so happy clicking, Sunita.

P.S. Loved your recent sunset skyscapes of the gorgeous Mumbai skyline on Insta. <3

10. Shalzmojo says:

This haze is killing us all – am shocked to see so much pollution in Mumbai too as I had found it not so when I had visited recently! Scary thought indeed Sunita – but if the city vanished and I remained – the Universe would have a clue in it for me, is what I would think!!!

Yes – you would have to save the rest of the world isn’t it ? And the pollution is only getting worse by the day. I hope the Metro gets done soon and somehow it the other less cars are on the road. Today a taxi driver told me that buses have been off for 4 days now hence even more cars on the road . Although the cars are less polluting than the buses

11. Debbie D. says:

That’s an intense haze! 😮 Hopefully it’s only fog and not pollution. It would be scary t lose sight of the horizon.
    Debbie D. recently posted…INSTAGRAM ROUNDUP, DEBUT EPISODE #WordlessWednesday #WWMy Profile

12. Yup…I totally noticed that when I was there – you couldn’t see a lot in the distance thanks to the pollution! They’re going to have to start taking it seriously at some point.
    Sanch @ Sanch Writes recently posted…Weekly Gratitude 2019 2/52My Profile