Victory Parade #WordlessWednesday

On Monday evening the traffic on Peddar Road was thrown off because of #Mumbai Indians’ Victory Parade.

They had won the Indian Premier League for the fourth time hence the brouhaha

The parade began with the clearing of the road and a convoy of escort Landrovers leading.

Then came a truck load of fans . Five trucks had already preceded them an hour earlier .

Then came a line of strongmen ‘pulling’ the open air bus.

Then came the heroes waving to the crowd who by now had gone mad .

Finally a whole load of bikes roared down the road .

That spectacle definitely left me speechless !

Sharing this with Natasha and Esha on #WordlessWednesday.

Ciao

1. Shilpa Gupte says:

How exciting to be able to witness the whole scene from your balcony! I am sure half of Mumbai must have landed there to applaud to the team. 🙂

• Unishta says:

Funnily enough I don’t think there were so many spectators … at that time of day most people were home … but indeed it is thrilling to see such excitement from home !

2. Obsessivemom says:

Oh this seems like fun. This year I barely watched the IPL but to me half the excitement of watching a sport is the victory celebrations.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Ma ke haath ka khana #Mother’sDayMy Profile

• Unishta says:

I have stopped watching all matches from the beginning . I only watch the last half hour or so of any game ( tennis , badminton , cricket, football ) as that is what it eventually boils down to – the final countdown .

3. You captured all this from your 24th floor balcony? All of it happened under your nook? It must be a spectacle. Though I am not in favour of such shows which bring the road life (on the lines of home lives and work lives) of the general public to a snag and it must have been quite a long snag that night.

• Unishta says:

Luckily the traffic jam was only for 20 minutes . Our traffic cops are great at handling things. And yes, I can see quite a few tamashas from the confines of my home ….

4. Modern Gypsy says:

Wow!! And you got to watch it all from your balcony? How cool is that! It’s nice to see well-organised victory parades 🙂
    Modern Gypsy recently posted…On my art table: Enter the mysteryMy Profile

5. Interesting that you got to see all of this from home. It must have been fun.
    Reema D’souza recently posted…#WednesdayVerses : The reason is youMy Profile

6. Woah! And this is just for the IPL? Seriously? What happens with the actual games? You know, real cricket? 😛
    Sanch @ Sanch Writes recently posted…FrissonMy Profile

• Unishta says:

There was a similar parade when India won the World Cup …. that was during daylight and lots of people were lining up the streets