Flowering Canonballs #ThursdayTreeLove

This post is a day late but ever since I spotted this flowering Canonball tree, I have been dying to share it .

I first spotted this tree several years ago while walking down the shaded lanes of Gamdevi.

At that time I thought it was a tree with some parasitical growth.

Then I spotted another one at the bottom of Sophia College lane in the Raymond compound and wondered how so many trees were thus infected .

Following Parul’s ThursdayTreeLove , I came across Archanas’s post where she identified this tree as the Canonball Tree ! That’s when the penny dropped.

Thanks Archana for sharing your botanical knowledge. And thanks Parul for hosting this meme . I’ve learnt so much being part of this blog hop.

I saw this tree when I took the little ones to see the Nehru Science Centre. While they were excited with the Dinosaurs, I was excited with this tree . And I found not just one but two in glorious bloom.

Doesn’t this look like a pretty frilly skirt ?

Sharing this with Parul’s #ThursdayTreeLove-66. If you are a tree lover, do hop across and see other wonderful trees .

Ciao

1. Debbie D. says:

What a lovely tree! I’ve never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing. (Second attempt at leaving a comment)
    Debbie D. recently posted…ODE TO A DEAD TREEMy Profile

This looks like an absolutely beautiful painting. I can look at it for hours. It’s too pretty.

3. Archana says:

Frilly skirt are the right words for this tree! The flowers have a wonderful fragrance! Thanks for the mention Sunita! Happy to have blogger friends to encourage! 🙂
    Archana recently posted…Green Cups (ThursdayTreeLove)My Profile

• Unishta says:

Actually reading your tree posts has rekindled my interest in trees . I love knowing what I’m looking at and you somehow seem to describe trees so beautifully!

4. Parul Thakur says:

This is so beautiful and doesn’t look like any parasitical growth to me 🙂
    Like you, I have also learnt so much on this blog hop. Archana is sure the star of the gang. Her tree this week is so interesting. Thank you for joining, Sunita! I hope to see you on the 11th
    Parul Thakur recently posted…Gratitude List – June 2019My Profile

• Unishta says:

Yes this tree looks so striking that I wonder why I never noticed it before. Perhaps it needs the flowers to attract one’s attention

5. Rajlakshmi says:

These are such pretty flowers. I didn’t know the name before. Learnt something new today 😊
    Rajlakshmi recently posted…Who ate my face mask?My Profile

6. Alana says:

That is such a unique tree. I had to learn more and I went onto the New York Botanical Gardens website. A tropical tree specialist feels it is the most fascinating tree he knows of for various reasons, including how they are pollinated and how they need to be digested and eliminated by certain animals to achieve germination. I’m happy to know they can be found in at least two botanical gardens in Florida (Miami and Coral Gables.)

• Unishta says:

Thanks for this information. Isn’t it amazing how nature takes care of everything? I myself didn’t really know much about this tree till I joined this blog hop. And now you’ve added to my knowledge about this tree. I will now look at it with different eyes

7. Archana says:

Frilly skirt indeed! Thanks Sunita!
    Archana recently posted…Tree Frame (ThursdayTreeLove)My Profile