Happy morning walkers #WordlessWednesday

While waiting with Ms Papaya for the bus, I cam upon this happy group of morning walkers.

These three handsome Labradors are old but are still sprightly.

The Labrador remains my all time favourite breed as they are affectionate, mild and even tempered. I would love to have one at home and might give in to the demands of Little Po who loves dogs, cats and fish.

But I don’t know how good an idea it is to have a dog in a high rise.

Do you think it fair to keep a dog in a flat ?

Sharing this post with Esha and Natasha on #WordlessWednesday.

Ciao

1. I think small dogs in apartments are fine but I too am not a fan of having big dogs in an apartment. They need a backyard!
    Sanch @ Sanch Writes recently posted…HealingMy Profile

2. Esha M Dutta says:

Not a bad idea, Sunita! Little Po will love having a furry friend around and so will you! I wish I could too, but now isn’t the right time for us to own one. So, will wait it out.
    Your picture is quite a familiar sight that I often come across during my early morning walks here as well. The furry beings look so happy to be out and about.
    Esha M Dutta recently posted…Balmy Blue Skies |#WordlessWednesdayMy Profile

3. This is a topic that holds me back too 🙁
    If it is a flat, most medium sized to big dogs may not be able to move around properly… plus if everyone is at work, the dog becomes alone at home

• Unishta says:

Yes Roshan but there is something about a big dog . So much more to hug. And it’s also nice to be ‘pulled’ along for a walk by these big ones 🙂

4. shalzmojo says:

Ah I am like you and totally adore labs but I think its not fair to keep them in an apartment as these are rambunctious creatures. They need a lot of space and have tonnes of energy which needs to be worked off. So no please dont keep such a large dog in an apartment. Get a daschund or beagle for the kids to bond with instead.

• Unishta says:

I had a beagle once and this dog was hard to train . With four days he wrecked the furniture, peed every time he was brought into the house ( after spending half an hour in the garden) so sadly we gave him away to a bungalow owner in Pune. I don’t like daschunds – they are pretty yappy. I just LOVE big dogs. I’ll have to research more and get the dog of my dreams ……

5. Dogs love space and its not right to restrict them to flats for our selfish needs. This is how I feel.
    However, we can opt for a small size breed. Having said that, one should be okay with the pet being all over the house (with some training to let them know Strictly No Zones). In the end they are the best friends a man can have 🐶 ❤
    Monika Ohson | TravelerInMe recently posted…Mantra #WordlessWednesdayMy Profile

6. Soumya says:

Dogs and any animal in general needs a yard to play around! I live in an apartment community and a lot of people here have dogs. We thankfully have gardens and walkways within the community so that they get some space too.
    Soumya recently posted…Celeste | #ThursdayTreeLove – 3My Profile

7. Carol says:

Labs are great looking dogs but I agree it’s hard on them in small apts. Their nature is to work and be busy.

8. Obsessivemom says:

A large dog in a highrise seems a bit unfair to the poor thing unless you have access to large balcony. Also, the smell and dog hair all over the place is such a deterrent to have one at home. That said, my SIL has a pug and he’s the cutest thing ever.
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Of Roasted Apples and Warm Winter Evenings #BookBytes 14My Profile

9. Alana says:

The apartments I grew up in did not permit dogs, period (or cats, which I never understood but I did understand the dog prohibition). I think dogs are happier with room to roam, especially the larger breeds.